According to the Bell County Sheriff's Office and an investigative affidavit, we now know disturbing details in the cause of death for Fort Hood solider 20-year-old Vanessa Guillen.

A second suspect has been identified and charged in Vanessa's case. 22-year-old Cecily Ann Aguilar, was identified as the civilian suspect in connection with Vanessa's disappearance. According to the U.S. attorney report, she has been charged with one count of conspiracy to tamper with evidence.

We now know the name of the Fort Hood solider who killed himself as authorities were closing in on him. According to the case affidavit, Specialist  Aaron Robinson is responsible repeatedly hit Vanessa with a hammer, killing her, on Fort Hood on April 22. Aguilar then helped Robinson mutilate and burn Vanessa's body in an attempt to dispose of it.

According to KHOU, Aguilar was Robinson's girlfriend and she described the series of events to investigators during an interview on June 30.

In a criminal complaint, Robinson told Aguilar that he killed Vanessa by striking her in the head with a hammer multiple times. Witnesses then say they saw Robinson pulling a heavy box out of the armory room where Vanessa worked. Robinson loaded the box in his car and drove away.

When Robinson and Aguilar couldn't get the body to burn completely near the Leon River, they placed the remains in three separate holes and covered them up, according to the affidavit.

On June 30, CID was notified that contractors working on a fence near the Leon River found what appeared to be human remains. The partial remains were found in a concrete-like substance and buried.

According to the affidavit, a witness said that Vanessa originally left the arms room where she was working to visit the arms room at another location on Fort Hood, the one under the control of Robinson, to confirm serial numbers for weapons and equipment.

It was verified that Vanessa left the arms room without her Army identification car, bankcard, car keys and barrack keys.

Upon conviction, Aguilar faces up to 20 years in prison and a maximum $250,000 fine.

More From ESPN 960 San Angelo